photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Lush Essentials

Aloha Bloggerinos,

This weekend I went to Milton Keynes on a Bridesmaid Dress mission (ever tried finding dresses that suit a dark skinned/dark hair size 6 13 year old and a blonde haired/pale skinned size 12, 25 year old? It's a bugger I tell ya!) and decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone (poor birds) and stock up on the necessities.

I often pop into Lush on lunchbreaks or with friends not only because I like and use the products but because I find it a pleasurable experience to wander around the attractive displays and touch shower jellys, sniff bath ballistic and try moisturiser. I had to admit, that most of the things I buy from there are on impulse and are because I like the smell, luxuries if you will. However, I do have a select few items that I buy over and over and simply luurrrvvvvvveee. *Ahhh Jeez, now I have Love Shack in my head. Grrr*

The first and favourite Lush item is Dream Cream. (Please excuse Lush Website pictures, my camera is downstairs, I'm upstairs, my legs fell off etc etc).
This moisturiser practically makes my skin swoon. I use it on my legs, arms, face, neck, everywhere! It has a unique light scent that is so light that even the Fiance uses it on his face (shhh don't tell his friends) and quenches my dry, thirsty skin all day. It has a medium-thick consistency and soaks in quickly without leaving a greasy residue. A big pot retails for £9.99 ish (don't quote me on it) and last me about 3 months- good value, non?

My second essential is a hair conditioner that is by far superior to the many others that I have sampled.
American Cream is a thick and (quel surprise) creamy conditioner that leaves me hair super soft and smelling divine! I shan't go into reviewing this as I have reviewed it before when I was kindly sent a bottle from the lovely Becky at Lush (I'm still excited by all those freebies). I have since bought 2 more 500g bottles for £12.25. I think this is expensive but I am prepared to splash out a bit for such a good product.

My third and final re-purchase is the Flosty Gritter Bubble Bar, which for me, is a bath time must have.

I love love love the sweet smell of this and they way it makes the bath water hot pink and sparkly- who doesn't want a pink bath?! I only ever use about a quarter of this at a time and find this is more than enough. Of all the bath things I have tried from Lush, and this is an obscene amount, I like this best :)
Each one retails for £3.30, so if you use it like I do, it is less than a pound per bath.

I must say, I find that I don't really have baths in the summer (yeah, yeah, I do shower, I don't stink!) but with Autumn on it's way, lalalala. Can I also, just say, Autumn is my most happy season. Yay Autumn!

I do also have a couple of Christmas Limited edition Lush items that I am chomping at the bit to get my greedy little mitts on, but I shall do a post on those another day, let's not Lush overdose eh?

Do you like any of these products or have any Lush must-haves?

Toodlepip!

xx

18 comments:

  1. I love Lush! great review.

    beneaththesunn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Lush!:D

    Buffy, Therapy, Honey I Washed the Kids!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lush , my old flat mate used to work there and i'd get lots of Discount or freebies :( ohhh how i miss her :P Just went in and bought Mint Julips today and found out they are now doing tanning products! , some are gradual and others are wash off? they have a massage type bar that does the same job as "sally hansen Airbrush legs?" The lush ones are called "black stockings" and "silk stockings" Solid body tints. When i get paid on friday i know where ill be going :)
    Great review XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. I haven't tried very many Lush products but from your description the moisturizer sounds very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lush sooo much, you cannot beat dream cream! I love Flying fox shower gel.

    follow me too :)
    mythology20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. *lol* my legs fall off too once in a while :D
    I love the Dream Cream and I use it on my face! I also love Big Shampoo, those two are my two must-haves from Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! that sounds fantastic!! do you know if the have web page and if they do online selling?

    Thanks a lot!

    xxxoxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jadeh,

    Yes Lush do have a webpage- google Lush and you will be transformed into a world of loveliness!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. good post! the lush grease lightning is one of my essentials♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. oo I love lush! I love their tea tree water toner <3

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm! My skin is craving that now! I seriously might order it. Adorable blog, I'm following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Autumn is my favourite time of the year too =) great blog post!!xx

    http://starsglittermagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think i have to make an order to LUSH

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should, as a Lushaholic, write a blog entry on my Lush essentials.. though I fear it would be more like a novel xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post........................ Thanks for all.........


    The process of hiring bathroom designers in Milton Keynes has an essential aspect - shortlist of firms. And Top Bathrooms is a firm that definitely makes it to the list. For more information visit : http://www.topbathrooms-flitwick.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. For this web site, you will see our account, remember to go through this info. lush vibrator

    ReplyDelete
  17. This automatic male masturbator is truly a wild machine, a powerful, fun-filled blowjob masturbator that you can customize from start to finish. It has 4 kinds of suction, 10 kinds of vibration, 40°C heating, and one-button orgasm mode. If you want to experience the full set of masturbation fun, this automatic stroker is definitely the best choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg